Ableton Live 11 is now available! The latest version of Live includes comping and MPE, new devices for experimentation, features for live performance, chance tools and much more.
New in Live 11
Live’s latest creative features, devices and sounds include:
- Comping: combine the best of multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance into your perfect take. Or approach sound design in a new way by splicing together random samples from your library.
- MPE compatibility: get your hands on an MPE controller and add bends, slides and pressure for each individual note in a chord, make subtle expression variations, morph between chords, and create evolving sonic textures.
- New devices: stretch, shift and blur signals with Spectral Resonator and Spectral Time. Put sounds in any real or unreal space with the Hybrid Reverb. Generate ideas with Inspired by Nature – six devices based on natural and physical processes – or add jittery glitches, delayed digital shimmers and more with Pitch Loop89.
- Features for the stage: with tempo following, Live adjusts its tempo in real time based on incoming audio, making it a dynamic part of your band. Create builds, drops and instant variations to sounds during a performance using Macro Snapshots. Racks now offer between 1 and 16 Macros, and you can randomize their states with the push of a button.
- Tools to add chance: note chance and velocity chance features let you define probability of notes and velocity values, generating surprising variations to your patterns, or humanized variation in their dynamics.
- New sound packs: Voice Box for experimental vocal manipulation, Mood Reel for modern narrative-setting, and Drone Lab for sustained tones and textures. Plus the three new Upright Piano, String- and Brass Quartet Packs – created in collaboration with Spitfire Audio – capture popular orchestral instrument combinations in intimate, expressive detail.