These headphones have been part of the beyerdynamic portfolio for 20 years and still enjoy exceptional popularity. All components are available as replacement parts, making the DT 880 Edition a reliable companion for many years to come..
The DT 880 Edition sounds very neutral and relaxed. The bass reproduction penetrates very deeply, but is not overstated. This feature is particularly appealing to lovers of jazz and classical music because it gives the headphones a really transparent sound and makes the individual components of the music clearly audible.
Thanks to its semi-open design, the DT 880 Edition allows some ambient noise to penetrate and escape, but attenuates it somewhat stronger than in the case of a fully open headphone such as the DT 990 Edition.
- Semi-open back design
- Rugged headband construction
- Single-sided cable
- Soft headband pad
- Excellent sound location
- Gold-plated 1/8" mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Semi-open
- Frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 32 Ω / 250 Ω / 600 Ω
- Nominal SPL: 96 dB
- T.H.D. : < 0.2%
- Power handling capacity: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Nominal headband pressure: approx. 2.8 N
- Cable length and type: 3 m / straight cable
- Connection: Gold-plated 1/8" mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Weight without cable: 290 g