This HSS configured tonal monster is not just business at the neck and party at the bridge! Paying homage to those who modified traditional single coil equipped instruments back in the 80's, the ML1 Hybrid is a powerful, yet flexible machine combining the refined and clear tones of the Chapman "Venus Witch" zero single coils with the heroic power punch of the ceramic Chapman Sonorous Zero.
With a modern recessed bolt on construction, coupled with a roasted maple neck and fingerboard, the ML1 Hybrid is perfectly formed and ergonomically designed for comfort and playability.
With a choice of flame maple on the "Abyss" and "Cali Sunset" finish or quilt maple on our "Sarsen" your hands will thank you and your neighbours will eventually forgive you...
ROASTED MAPLE NECK
A roasted maple neck helps prevent warping, but it needs to be comfortable too. A smooth satin finish and rolled fretboard edges come as standard and make this guitar highly playable.
PREMIUM BODY CONSTRUCTION
Chapman’s ML1 Hybrid boasts a thin lightweight Mahogany body and has a versatile pickup selection and a natural tactile warmth emphasised by it’s Flame Maple veneer top. Ergonomically designed, this guitar is pick-up-and-playable with a shape that gives you an exciting playing experience.
Boasting a Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker in the bridge and a pair of Chapman “Venus Witch” zero single coils in the middle/neck positions, the tonal breadth of the Chapman ML1 Hybrid rocks. . Attain punchy, saturated sounds with high-gain amp settings, or achieve glassy “out-of-phase” clean tones via the 5-way switch’s 2nd and 4th positions.
- Body Shape: ML1
- Body Top: Quilted Maple Veneer On Flat Top with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Finish: Sarsen Stone Black
- Headstock: Straight Heritage Headstock
- Tuners: Chapman Classic Closed (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: 42mm Graph Tech TUSQ Nut
- String Retainer: Vintage String Retainers
- Neck: Roasted Maple – Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-on Neck
- Neck Size: WIDTH: NUT 42mm, 22F 56mm; THICKNESS: 1F 22mm 12F 24.5mm including fret height
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple – Medium Colour Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 240mm (~9.5″)
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Nickel Frets
- Fret Markers: Black Side Dots and Black Front Dot Inlays
- 12Th Fret Inlay: Black Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5″)
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Venus Witch Zerø Single Coil; MAGNET: Alnico 5; DC RESISTANCE: 6.5k ohms
- Middle Pickup: Chapman Venus Witch Zerø Single Coil; MAGNET: Alnico 5; DC RESISTANCE: 6.5k ohms
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Humbucker; Magnet: Ceramic; DC RESISTANCE: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup Switch: 5 Way Blade Switch
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Bridge: Chapman 2-Point Tremolo with Steel Block
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Classic Strap Buttons
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46 (.010 / .013 / .017 / .026 / .036 / .046)
- Position 1: Bridge
- Position 2: Bridge Only Split (Outer Coil) + Middle
- Position 3: Middle
- Position 4: Middle + Neck
- Position 5: Neck