Fully-loaded with 12-60 gauge strings, you can effortlessly tune to drop A and shake the pillars of heaven. Every note slams you in the chest like a war hammer courtesy of the Chapman Zerø Sonorous Alnico 5 humbuckers.
But don't be fooled into thinking that the ML1 Modern Baritone is simply just a 'djent machine'. With its alder body, satin-finished maple neck and ebony fretboard a veritable cornucopia of tones are ready for you at the flick of it's three-way blade or the pull of it's coil split-able tone pot.
Action-packed with features such as rolled edges and locking tuners, finished off with a natural reveal binding, the ML1 Modern Baritone is your to take away... just don't feed it after dark.
FLAME MAPLE NECK
Our C-shaped neck carve and rolled fretboard edges are what you expect from a Chapman. Our guitars are comfortable to play, good to look, durable and produce great sound. The ML1 Modern Baritone is an amazingly versitile guitar with high playability in the unique Chapman style.
PREMIUM BODY CONSTRUCTION
Chapman’s ML1 Modern’s thin lightweight Mahogany body and a Swamp Ash veneer top is an exquisite blend of form and function and is perfect for the cross-genre musician. It’s ergonomically contoured but the shape and build also provides a balanced tonal foundation.
Equipped with a Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker, the tonal breadth of the Chapman ML1 Modern means you can achieve both punchy tones and saturated sounds on high gain amp settings. Nice.
- Body Shape: ML1 Baritone
- Body Top: Swamp Ash Veneer On Flat Top with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Alder with Gloss Finish
- Headstock: Straight Heritage Headstock
- Tuners: Chapman Locking (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- String Retainer: Vintage String Retainers
- Neck: Maple with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-on Neck; NECK SIZE
- Neck Size: WIDTH: NUT 42mm, 22F 57mm; THICKNESS including fret height: 1F 23.5mm 12F 25mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm (~13.5″)
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Nickel Frets
- Fret Markers: Pearl Side Dots and Pearl Front Dot Inlays
- 12Th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 711mm (~28″)
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Baritone Humbucker; MAGNET: Alnico 5; DC RESISTANCE: 12.5k ohms
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Baritone Humbucker; MAGNET: Alnico 5; DC RESISTANCE: 16.5k ohms
- Pickup Switch: 3 Way Blade Switch with Coil Split on Push-Pull Tone Knob
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone with Push-Pull (500k)
- Bridge: Chapman String-Through Hardtail
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Classic Strap Buttons
- Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky, Nickel Wound, Custom 12-60 (.012 / .016 / .020 / .034 / .046 / .060)
- Pickup Switching:
- Position 1: Tone Knob In: Bridge - Tone Knob Out: Bridge Split (Outer Coil)
- Position 2: Tone Knob In: Bridge + Neck - Tone Knob Out: Bridge + Neck Both Split (Outer Coil)
- Positiion 3: Tone Knob In: Neck - Tone Knob Out: Neck Split (Outer Coil)
Watch: Chapman Guitars ML1 Modern Baritone