With its rolled edges and ebony fretboard the C-shaped satin maple neck immediately stands out as a player's guitar and puts to shame many other guitars at a higher price point.
If drop tuning is your thing, you can rest assured that the self-lubricating, Graph Tech Black TUSQ nut, Chapman Classic closed 18:1 tuners and Chapman hard tail bridge will work as a team, delivering all the tuning stability and harmonic sustain you need for the studio or live.
Powered by the new and improved Chapman Sonorous Zerø pickups, your ML3 Modern is the perfect sonic unity of great materials such as maple, ebony and mahogany coupled with ultra attention to detail in design features like the front and rear spoon cuts and natural edge finish.
FLAME MAPLE NECK
A Macassar Ebony fretboard on a flame maple neck, is an irresistible combination for the guitarist considering the ML3 Modern. As well as the C-shaped neck carve and the rolled fretboard edges, there’s a glorious satin finish that makes this guitar smooth to play.
PREMIUM BODY CONSTRUCTION
Chapman’s ML3 Modern boasts a thin lightweight Mahogany body that serves as a superbly balanced tonal foundation for its versatile pickup selection. With it’s Flame Maple veneer top, ergonomically contoured lower horn and neck transition, this instrument exerts a truly high-end aesthetic.
Bristling with a pair of Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker the tonal breadth of the Chapman ML3 Modern is something to behold. Attain punchy, saturated sounds with a high-gain amp settings, or achieve glassy clean tones via the 3-way switch and the coil-split feature on the tone pot. Whatever the genre, the ML3 Modern delivers!
- Body Shape: ML3
- Body Top: Flame Maple Veneer On Flat Top with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Finish: Ember
- Headstock: Straight Heritage Headstock
- Tuners: Chapman Classic Closed (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- String Retainer: Vintage String Retainers
- Neck: Maple with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-on Neck; NECK SIZE
- Width: Nut 42Mm, 22F 57Mm: THICKNESS including fret height: 1F 22.5mm 12F 24.5mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm (~13.5″)
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Nickel Frets
- Fret Markers: Pearl Side Dots and Pearl Front Dot Inlays
- 12Th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5″)
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Humbucker; MAGNET: Ceramic; DC RESISTANCE: 10.5k ohms
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Humbucker; MAGNET: Ceramic; DC RESISTANCE: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup Switch: 3 Way Blade Switch with Coil Split on Push-Pull Tone Knob
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone with Push-Pull (500k)
- Bridge: Chapman String-Through Hardtail
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Classic Strap Buttons
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46 (.010 / .013 / .017 / .026 / .036 / .046)
- Pickup Switching:
- Position 1 - Tone Knob: Bridge; Tone Knob Out: Bridge Split (outer coil)
- Position 2 - Tone Knob: Bridge + Neck; Tone Knob Out: Bridge + Neck Split (outer coil)
- Position 3 - Tone Knob: Neck; Tone Knob Out: Neck Split (outer coil)