By combining North American sourced materials and components with Chinese manufacturing we now offer many of the Dingwall tone and performance advantages at an extremely affordable price. Final setup and inspection is done in the Dingwall shop in Canada so you know the basses will play great right out of the box.
The Combustion bass features a single radius (240 mm) fingerboard. This makes for a very comfortable playing experience.
2-3 pc Swamp Ash body, Matte Black pickguard. Smoked Chrome Hipshot/Dingwall hardware.
We take neck construction very seriously due to our extensive experience in guitar repairs coupled with our geographic location and corresponding extreme climate. We’ve experimented with many different lamination and have found a 5-piece maple construction to be among the best.
The FD-3N pickups are made to our specifications.
- Scale Lengths: 5 string model - B E A D G
- Body Core: The average weight of the Combustion is a low 8.75 lbs.
- Color: Indigoburst (Quilt maple top)
- Pickguard Options: Matte Black
- Neck Carve: Medium thin C shape
- Neck Reinforcement: Heavy duty truss-rodHeadstock
- Headstock design – Flat, string retaining bar.
- Standard Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Options: Pau Ferro
- Position Markers and Inlays: 3 mm plastic face dots, 2 mm plastic side dots.
- Pickup Options: 2 pickup neck/bridge 3 pickup neck/middle/bridge
- Standard Electronics: EMG 3-band, FD-3n pickups, Vol, rotary pickup selector, Bass, Mid, Treble, Active/Passive switch
- Pickup Switching: Rotary pickup selector.
- Knobs: The Combustion now features Smoked Chrome knurled push-on knobs.
- Hardware color: Smoked Chrome