The EKX series combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications.
The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12” and 15” twoway models and 15” and 18” subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- High-efficiency 1500 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 132 dB peak SPL on the EKX-12P via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 60 Hz - 18 kHz¹
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz¹
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB²
- Coverage (H x V): 90" x 60"
- Power Rating: 1500 W
- LF Transducer: EVS-12M 300 mm (12 in)
- HF Transducer: DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7 kHz
- Connectors: (1) Stereo RCA input, (2) XLR/TRS combo jack, and (1) XLR link output
- Enclosure: 15 mm plywood with EVCoat
- Grille: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Suspension: (8) M10 threaded mounting points
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 607 mm x 375 mm x 356 mm (24 in x 15 in x 14 in)
- Net Weight: 18.8 kg (41.4 lb)
- Shipping Weight: 22.9 kg (50.4 lb)
- Power Consumption: 1.8 A³
Watch: Electro-Voice EKX Loudspeaker Overview