Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity, and attention to detail. 1961 brought some big changes to the Gibson Les Paul™, most notably a sleek, all-new, double-cutaway, all-mahogany body design that would later be renamed the SG™.
This Gibson Custom Shop model recreates those cherished originals, complete with a Sideways Vibrola, a side-pull action vibrato that is similar to those found on models from the early 1960s.
It also has a bound Authentic '61 Thin Profile mahogany neck, Kluson® tuners, an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic™ bridge, two Custombucker pickups, CTS® vintage-taper pots, and Black Beauty capacitors.
- Shape: SG
- Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Prole: Authentic '61 Thin Prole
- Nut width: 1.687" / 42.86mm
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, Cream Binding
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: Nylon
- Inlay: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Kluson Reissue Double Ring
- Plating: Aged Nickel
- Neck pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge pickup: Custombucker
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 500K CTS Potentiometers, Hand-Wired Harnesswith Black Beauty Capacitors
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- SKU: SGSR60THVOCHNSP1