The last year of the Les Paul™ moniker on the SG™ Custom was also the first year of the Maestro™ Vibrola...1963. Gibson Custom Shop has proudly recreated this desirable version of the SG Custom down to the original construction methods and contours.
The result is a beautiful, versatile and tremendous-sounding instrument that plays effortlessly. The solid Ebony fingerboard and revamped vintage-style electronics help it attain new sonic heights with clarity and sustain.
From the dimensions to the contours to the precise inlay patterns to the sonic experience, it's the top of the line SG in every respect! It features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
The Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Custom Shop Hardshell Case
- Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence.
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: 1960 SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687
- End of Board Width: 2.24
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Hardware Finish: Gold; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Long Maestro Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Grover Kidney
- Pickguard: White Multi-Ply
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Gold Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Brass
- Mounting Rings: Black M69
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Gold-plated Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity