As the choice of rock 'n roll legends for decades, the original SG™ Special represented simplicity, versatility, and monster tone. This Historic recreation is a clone of the cherished vintage originals with all the modern playability and reliability you expect from the Gibson Custom Shop.
It features authentic profiles, specs, and construction methods for an incredible playing and ownership experience. It also features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
The Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case
- Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence.
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '63 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687
- End of Board Width: 2.24
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Hardware Finish: Nickel; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Lightning Bar Wraparound
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line with White Buttons
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply Black/White
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Pickup Covers: Black Soapbar
- Neck Pickup: Custom Soapbar P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Soapbar P-90
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity