Regardless of the fact that George Harrison and Eric Clapton rocked a '64 SG™ Standard, that model year was clearly a standout for SGs in general. The clunky side-pull vibrato had been replaced by the dependable Maestro™ Vibrola.
The neck profiles had increased in size, resembling the profile found on 1959 Les Pauls™. And the balance, playability and look of the SG seemed to come into its own. For all those reasons, the Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present the 1964 SG Standard Reissue.
Along with the Maestro Vibrola and chunky neck profile, it has all the hyper-accurate vintage specs one could possibly want -- original construction methods, chemically-recreated plastics, replica electronics, and more.
The result is perhaps the best looking, feeling and sounding SG Reissue yet. It also features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
The Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence.
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687
- End of Board Width: 2.24
- Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Hardware Finish: Nickel; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Black Multi-Ply
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity