The EHB's headless construction, contoured body, ergonomic design, and chambered body make for a lightweight and comfortable instrument that's excellent for long sets or practice sessions. This series also sports a combination of high-quality tone woods and versatile electronics, resulting in a cutting-edge, ultra-modern bass, capable of cutting though the complex landscape of tones required for today's bassist.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time.
Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players.
These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 4 String Bass with Gig bag included (PGPGB)
- African Mahogany Body with Bound Panga Panga fretboard with 24 Medium Stainless Steel frets
- 9 piece Pangapanga / Walnut neck with Oilfinish - Bolt-on neck joint
- Neck type: EHB49pc Pangapanga/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Top/back/body: Poplar Burl topSelected light weight African Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay
- Fret: Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: MR5HS bridge
- String space: 19mm
- Neck pickup: Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split neck pickupPassive
- Bridge pickup: Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split bridge pickupPassive
- Equaliser: Vari-mid 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL165
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105
- Hardware color: Black
- Scale: 864mm/34"
- a: Width 41mm at NUT
- b: Width 64mm at 24F
- c: Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d: Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius: 500mmR
Watch: Ibanez EHB1500 Headless Bass featuring Yas Nomura