For nearly 60 years, George Benson has captivated audiences the world over as one of the best performers and recording artists of all-time. Crossing into multiple musical genres during his storied career, George has built a reputation as one of the most versatile, talented and respected guitarists in history.
For over 40 years, George and Ibanez have worked together seamlessly, first by realizing George’s vision for his ideal electric hollow body guitar, the GB10 in 1977.
Since then, there has been many other successful collaborations on George’s signature guitars, and Ibanez is now proud to announce the GB10EM, the most affordable GB models ever offered.
As one of the most influential guitarists to ever pick up the instrument, George wanted to offer a signature guitar that was not only a great guitar but also accessible and obtainable to all players everywhere.
Retaining some of the most integral signature appointments of the GB line, including the floating mini-humbucking pickups, compact fully hollow jazz guitar body, and iconic GB headstock inlay, the GB10EM has proved itself worthy of the name “GB”, as deemed by the man himself, George Benson.
- The most affordable GB models ever offered
- Spruce Top with Linden Back and Sides
- Nyatoh neck with Gloss finish - Set-in
- Neck type: GB/Nyatohset-in neck
- Top/back/side: Spruce top Linden back/Linden sides
- Fretboard: Bound Walnut fretboard/Acrylic block inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Number of frets: 22
- Bridge: Walnut bridge
- String space: 10.4mm
- Tailpiece: VT14 w/GB10EM wood cover tailpiece
- Neck pickup: Magic Touch-Mini (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge pickup: Magic Touch-Mini (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Factory tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- String gauge: .011/.015/.022w/.030/.040/.050
- Hardware color: Chrome
- Scale: 628mm/24.7"
- a: Width 43mm at NUT
- b: Width 57mm at 22F
- c: Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d: Thickness 22mm at 9F
- Radius: 305mmR