Vai's signature instruments include the Ibanez JEM guitar, which he designed in 1985 with first-of-its-kind features including the floating tremolo and the monkey grip. The JEM is now one of the longest running, most successful signature series guitars in history, and for over a decade its sister model-the RG-is second in worldwide sales only to the Fender Stratocaster.
Jatoba Fretboard w/Tree-of-life inlay
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
One of JEM's most recognizable features: Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life.
- Neck type: Wizard III Maple neck
- Top/back/body: Meranti body
- Fretboard: JatobaTree of Life inlay
- Fret: Jumbo frets
- Bridge: Double Locking tremolo bridge
- String Space: 10.5mm
- Neck pickup: Quantum (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- Middle pickup: Quantum (S) middle pickupPassive/Alnico
- Bridge pickup: Quantum (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- Hardware Color: Cosmo black
- Neck Dimensions:
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR