With a bigger than life stage show and some great rock anthems, KISS clawed their way to the top of the charts during the 70’s to become one of the biggest acts in the history of Rock n’ Roll.
In 1976, the band’s frontman, Paul Stanley, was approached by Ibanez to collaborate on a signature guitar that would become the iconic instrument he would forever be associated with.
In 1977, when Paul and Ibanez sat down to create his signature guitar, it was to be a totally unique design, but while perusing through the Ibanez catalog, one guitar in particular caught the frontman’s eye: The Artist 2663. Later to be known as the “Iceman”, the Artist wasn’t exactly a popular model at the time, but Stanley was intrigued by its asymmetrical shape and unusual body style and decided this would be the template for his signature instrument - The PS.
- The Ibanez PS10 BK Paul Stanley Electric Guitar in Black
- Maple top / African Mahogany body
- 3pc Maple neck, Ebony fretboard, Medium frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- Seymour Duncan® '59 model / Custom 5™ pickups
- Gotoh® machine heads
- Gotoh® GE103B-T bridge
- Gotoh® GE101Z-T tailpiece
- Hardshell case included
- Neck Type: PS3pc MapleSet-in neck (smooth heel)
- Top/Back/Body: Maple top/African Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
- Fret: Medium frets Prestige fret edge treatment
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Bridge: Gotoh® GE103B-T bridge
- String Space: 10.4mm
- Tailpiece: Gotoh® GE101Z-T tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® '59 model™ (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Custom 5™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- Factory Tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL120
- String Gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Half-Bone/Half-Brass Nut:
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Scale : 628mm/24.7"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 57mm at 22F
- c : Thickness 20.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 23.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR