For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets.
Premium - ”Designed to Inspire,” all Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, high-profile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. The richness of sound, stunning appearance and unrivalled playability of the Ibanez Premium series will open the gate of your reservoir of inspiration.
- Atlas 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck with KTS™ TITANIUM rods. The Atlas 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck provides a well-balanced note attack and tone with rich sustain.The neck is constructed with KTS™ TITANIUM reinforcement rods, increasing its stability and adding sustain.
- Panga Panga fretboard. Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- Medium frets with Premium fret edge treatment. Medium sized frets enhances the accuracy to your notes. The Premium Fret Edge Treatment offers a super smooth, comfortable performance.
- Ash/Pangapanga top / African Mahogany body. The Ash/Pangapanga top with African Mahogany body delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
- Nordstrand™ Big Break pickups. Nordstrand™ ”Big Break” pickups cram a meaty split coil into a soapbar-style pickup, producing a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil tone with noiseless performance.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Gotoh® machine heads. Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- MR5S bridge. The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot). The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3-way Mid frequency switch. The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Gig bag included. Ibanez Gig bags are made out of durable materials.
- Neck type: Atlas-4 / 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM rods
- Top/back/body: Sandblasted Ash/Pangapanga top / African Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Bound Panga Panga fretboard / Abalone oval inlay
- Fret: Medium frets / Premium fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: MR5S bridge
- String space: 19mm
- Neck pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Break neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Break bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot), 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL165
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105
- Nut: Graph Tech® BLACK TUSQ XL® nut
- Hardware color: Black
- Scale: 864mm
- Neck Width: 38mm at NUT
- Neck Width: 62mm at 24F
- Neck Thickness: 19.5mm at 1F
- Neck Thickness: 21.5mm at 12F
- Neck Radius : 305mmR
- Color: Magic Wave Low Gloss