For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- Atlas 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck with KTS™ TITANIUM rods. The Atlas 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck provides a well-balanced note attack and tone with rich sustain.The neck is constructed with KTS™ TITANIUM reinforcement rods, increasing its stability and adding sustain.
- Panga Panga fretboard. Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- Medium frets with Premium fret edge treatment. Medium sized frets enhances the accuracy to your notes.
The Premium Fret Edge Treatment offers a super smooth, comfortable performance.
- Curly Maple/Ash/Walnut body. The body is a beautiful combination of Curly Maple, Ash and Walnut.
- Nordstrand™ Big Single pickups. Nordstrand™ ”Big Single” cram a meaty single coil into a soapbar-style pickup, producing a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil pickups.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Gotoh® machine heads. Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- MR5S bridge. The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot). The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3-way Mid frequency switch. The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Gig bag included. Ibanez Gig bags are made out of durable materials.
- Neck type: Atlas-55pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM rods
- Top/back/body: Curly Maple/Ash/Walnut body
- FBound: Panga Panga fretboardAbalone oval inlay
- Fret: Medium fretsPremium fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: MR5S bridge
- String space: 16.5mm
- Neck pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Single wood covered neck pickupPassive
- Bridge pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Single wood coverd bridge pickupPassive
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot), 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL165 + .130
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- Nut: Graph Tech® BLACK TUSQ XL® nut
- Hardware color: Black
- Scale: 864mm
- Neck Width: 45mm at NUT
- Neck Width: 68mm at 24F
- Neck Thickness: 19.5mm at 1F
- Neck Thickness: 21.5mm at 12F
- Neck Radius : 305mmR
- Color: Caribbean Islet Low Gloss
Watch: Ibanez SR PREMIUM and NORDSTRAND Pickups with Carey Nordstrand