If you crave a new bass tool to enrich your creative palette, the Ibanez Bass Workshop may have already built your next instrument. This new product group focuses on combining unusual concepts with the bass-building virtuosity on which Ibanez has built its reputation. The SRMS805 features gloss finish with beautiful figuring, swirls and darker pockets of Poplar Burl body top, and the new bridge “MR5S”.
The Okoume body delivers a warm tone with rich resonance. The great feature of the new bridge is its adjustable saddles for string spacing. It surly answers to the bassist’s detailed demands and helps finding out the best string spacing for many playstyles. By loosing screws, the saddles can be adjusted +/-1.5mm.
Also, The MR5S is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference. With its multi-scale design, the SRMS805 creates an "alive" open tone and is comfortable to play. The ergonomic construction coordinates with the player's hand angle as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating a quick, smooth playing action.
A 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck, the rigid and musical hardwoods are set against one another to provide a thin neck with reliable long-term harmony and the Panga Panga fretboard on the neck brings a tight response. The neck end adjustment allows you to adjust the neck easily without loosening the strings.
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ, EQ bypass switch, and 3-way mid-frequency switch allow for precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450Hz, and 700 Hz). When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble-tone control knob acts as a passive tone control for the instrument’s output.
The Bartolini® BH2 pickups, the dual-coil style configuration with lower resonant frequency, provides the balancing warm response, with tighter bottom end and a fuller midrange.
- SRMS for Multi Scale 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- MR5S bridge
- The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
- Panga Panga fretboard
- Multi scale
- Neck type: SRMS5 for Multi Scale 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Top/back/body: Poplar Burl top/Okoume body
- Fretboard: Bound Panga Panga fretboard/Acrylic special inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: MR5S bridge
- String space: 16.5mm
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL170-5SL
- String gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Nut: Plastic
- Hardware color: Black matte
- Scale : 901.7mm/35.5" - 864.0mm/34.0"
- a : Width 45mm at NUT
- b : Width 68mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 23mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR