YouTubers, mobile journalists, and other content creators know the importance of great-sounding audio to stand out from the crowd. However, if you capture or stream using an iPad, iPhone or Android device, it’s not always easy – especially on the go. We’ve all watched videos where the audio was compromised by background noise, wind or just annoying echos.
Luckily, you no longer need to struggle to record crisp, clear audio on-the-go or on a budget. The iRig Mic Cast 2 is an affordable, pocket-sized microphone that easily attaches to your device and lets you sound your best anywhere, any time.
- Works with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Selectable front / rear / omni-directional recording
- Quiet recordings with no background noise
- Snap-on magnetic mounting, even with a case
- Headphone out to monitor signal (with compatible apps)
- Works with virtually any audio or video app
- Microphone Type: condenser, electret
- Capsule Size: 2x 0.38”
- Polar Pattern: cardioid, omni-directional (F+R)
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 18 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 115 dB
- Sensitivity: -40 dB, 5.6 mV/Pa
- Controls: capsule selector switch
- Headphones Output: 1/8” TRS jack
- Connection: 1/8” TRRS jack (CTIA/AHJ compatible)
- Size: 50mm/1.97" x 27mm/1.06" x 24mm/0.94"
- Weight: 23g/0.81oz
- iRig Mic Cast 2 microphone
- TRRS 1/8" jack connection cable (20cm/7.87")
- 2x ferromagnetic plates
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices with 1/8" / 3.5mm standard headset input (onboard or via adaptor) compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows.
Wireless charging on some devices can be affected by the presence of the rear metal plate.
For optimal performance, we suggest placing the metal plate in an area on the device where wireless charging will not be affected, or to simply remove the metal plate during wireless charging.
Watch: iRig Mic Cast 2