In 1985, Korg's DW-8000 combined digital wavetables with rich analog filters to give users sounds which were impossible to create with analog oscillators. It's still a cult favorite today.
Modwave builds on the DW legacy and transforms it into a modern monster synth, featuring incredibly deep wavetable oscillators, gorgeous filters, wildly flexible modulation, unmatched polyphony, comprehensive pattern sequencing, and immediately satisfying hands-on control to deliver unique, powerful, and easily customizable sounds and phrases.
Modwave also introduces two unique new tools for creating dynamic motion: Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. Kaoss Physics combines an x/y Kaoss pad with modulatable game physics to create a responsive, interactive controller that is—besides being powerful— a lot of fun to explore.
Motion Sequencing 2.0 brings the organic, continuously evolving patterns of the wavestate's Wave Sequencing 2.0 into the world of motion sequencing, including multiple lanes and real-time recording to help you create complex and evolving phrases that other step sequencers cannot.
Like Wave Sequencing 2.0 (wavestate) and altered FM (opsix), modwave’s evolved wavetable synthesis delivers its own brand of completely unique sounds and a knob-per-function layout that makes customizing those sounds fast and easy.
To start, there are hundreds of preset sounds empowered by this new architecture, organized by front-panel category buttons, and all instantly customizable via the four Modulation Knobs. modwave's distinctive wavetable timbres start with aggressive basses & leads, and lush ambient pads which will add a new dimension to your tracks.
But that is just the start. Those who want to dig deeper will find an endless source of discovery; you'll be finding new things in this synth for a long, long time because of the unique synth architecture. Once you have started finding new sounds - save as many as you like; there's room for thousands more.
- Loaded with over 200 characterful wavetables, each with up to 64 waveforms
- Modifier and morph features allow for a staggering 230 million wavetable variations
- 2-oscillator structure with 2-part multi-timbrality and 32-note polyphony
- Motion Sequencing 2.0 allows you to manipulate sample sequence, timing, and pitch independently
- Layer samples over wavetables from the included multi-gigabyte PCM library
- Massive collection of built-in distortion, modulation, delay, and reverb effects
- Built-in Kaoss Pad with Kaoss Physics encourages unprecedented interactivity
- Keyboar: d37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 stereo voices
- Sound generating system: modwave synthesis engine
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Kaoss Physics, 4x Mod Knobs
- Other Sources: 4x Envelopes, 5x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Seq Lanes A-D, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count,
- Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate, Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger, Note-On
- Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch and Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs +
- Destinations: Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Motion Sequence Steps.Depending on Motion Sequence length,
- there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX: Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX: Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix
- Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Master Reverb: Early Reflections, Overb
- Master EQ: 4-band parametric EQ
- Inputs/outputs: Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 565 × 338 × 92 mm/22.24” × 13.31” × 3.62”
- Weight: 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- Included items: AC adapter
- Accessories (sold separately): DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch