Dark Series for Grandmother strikes the perfect balance between classic and modern, featuring an all-black aesthetic that invokes the timeless look of early Moog modular systems—with all the functionality and versatility these two state-of-the-art sound design machines are known for.
Grandmother's circuits, spirit, and analog effects is inspired by the classic Moog modular synthesizers designed by Bob Moog during the '60s and '70s.
The instrument quickly became a staple in studio setups and live performance settings, a go-to first synthesizer for beginners, and a multifaceted creative tool used by musicians of all skill levels to explore the power of analog sound.
A complement to the distinct multi-colored artwork of the original Grandmother synthesizers, Dark Series presents a style option that celebrates the intersection of tradition and innovation.
- 32-note keyboard with arpeggiator and a 256-note sequencer with three sequence locations
- Two voltage-controlled oscillators with hard sync and a white noise generator
- 6” spring reverb tank
- 3-channel mixer with an additional
- 1/4” external audio input
- Classic 4-pole 10Hz to 20kHz
- Ladder filter and a patchable
- 1-pole high pass filter
- Patchable 4-point mult and a bipolar attenuator
- Analog ADSR envelope
- Wide-range analog LFO with Sync input and a
- Sample/Hold output
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs and 20 outputs
- TYPE: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- NUMBER OF KEYS: 32 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE OF KEYS: Velocity-sensing (Velocity signal is not hard-wired – available via MIDI and
KBD VEL OUT jack)
- OTHER CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide
- POLYPHONY: Monophonic
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Oscillators with selectable Waveforms (Oscillator 2 supports Sync to Oscillator 1 plus linear FM), 1 White Noise Generator, External Input jack
- VCF FILTER (LOW PASS): -24dB/Octave Moog Ladder Filter with Resonance (Self-Oscillating)
- STATIC FILTER (HIGH PASS): -6dB/Octave
- MOD SOURCES: Modulation Oscillator (Sine, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square), S/H Output, plus Envelope and Key Tracking
- ENVELOPE: Four-Stage (ADSR)
- ATTENUATOR: Bipolar
- MULT: Four Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- EFFECTS: Spring Reverb
- ARPEGGIATOR / STEP SEQUENCER: (256 Steps; three Sequence Files)
- PATCH POINTS:
41 x 3.5mm front and rear panels
4 Parallel-wired Mults.
- AUDIO INPUT: One 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- AUDIO OUTPUT: One 1/4” TRS jack for headphones or line level output (Rear Panel)
- WARNING: Use a TS instrument cable for line output applications. Do not use a TRS (balanced) cable, or phase cancellation may cause a very weak signal.
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- DIMS: 23” (58.42cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- POWER: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- WEIGHT: 16lbs. / 7.25kg