PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the result of more than a year of collaboration with electronic music icons, established and emerging artists, and Moog employee-owners.
Opening with a foreword from acclaimed film score composer and sound designer Hans Zimmer, this hardcover book features 200 pages full of synthesizer techniques, creative patch ideas, sound design tips, professional artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers, stories behind vintage Moog instruments, a glimpse into the history of Moog Music, and more. Readers will get an inside look into the Moog factory in Asheville, North Carolina, where instruments are built by hand, and learn about the modular synthesis innovator who started it all: Dr. Bob Moog.
The book focuses extensively on all five Moog semi-modular analog synthesizers: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch. These modern electronic instruments, each unique in sonic character and functionality, are inspired by the original analog circuitry of the very first modular synthesizers developed by Bob Moog in the 1960s.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog offers an empowering experience for artists at any point in their journey of exploring synthesis and sound. Whether you are new to modular or looking for creative perspectives to expand your process, this book will inspire you to create.
Throughout PATCH & TWEAK with Moog’s 200 pages, readers will explore more than 100 tips, ideas, and patches to use as creative inspiration, ensuring artists of any skill level can experience the joy of analog synthesis.
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semi-modular instrument
- Expanded options for more advanced modular users
- Ideas for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers