The left channel KH 310 is a three-way tri-amplified monitor with thermally protected Class AB amplifiers (210 W and two times 90 W). Its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide delivers sound waves into the room with superior accuracy.
The drivers are modeled using Neumann’s in-house developed software, which reduces non-linear distortion in every situation.
Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections, for example from a desk or mixing console.
The precisely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in different room configurations and the response is extremely adaptable through various acoustical control settings.
Neumann's Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide was implemented with the application of mixing at a large-format console in mind. It provides a smoother off-axis response, essentially widening the KH 310's "sweet spot" and allowing you to move across the console without a decrease in audio quality.
Coupled with the 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustic controls, it allows the KH 310 to function ideally in a variety of acoustic environments.
The KH 310 can be mounted in a variety of positions thanks to its integrated mounting points. The included self-adhesive feet help provide stability when mounting on speaker stands.
- Quickest transient response of its class
- Tremendous bass capability down to 34 Hz
- Higher precision in the midrange through a specially designed driver
- As a stereo system with KH 750 DSP and optional tools, controllable and alignable to the room
- Free field frequency response ±6 dB: 30 Hz … 22 kHz
- Free field frequency response ±3 dB: 34 Hz … 21 kHz
- Free field frequency linearity deviation between 100 Hz and 10 kHz: ± 1.1 dB
- Reproduction accuracy between 100 Hz and 10 kHz: 100%, 80%, 50% of loudspeakers produced: ±0.87; ±0.39; ±0.23 dB
- Self-generated noise at 10 cm (with input gain set to 100 dB SPL for 0 dBu): <20 dB(A) SPL
- Sine wave output with a THD < 0.5 % at 1 m in half space: 95 dB SPL (>85 Hz)
- Max. SPL calc. in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 116.3 dB SPL
- Max. SPL in full space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 110.3 dB SPL
- Bass capability: Max. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz): 106.8 dB SPL
- Max. short term SPL with IEC-weighted noise (IEC 60268-5) at 1 m, in typical listening conditions: 108 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m in typical listening conditions (pair / full range): 100 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (pair with subwoofer): 107 dB(C) SPL
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single / pair full range): 93 / 99 dB(C) SPL
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single / pair with subwoofer): 94 / 100 dB(C) SPL
- Analog input(s): XLR: analog electronically balanced
- Analog input impedance: >13k Ohms
- Max. input level: +24 dBu
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): >56 dB @ 15kHz
- Input gain control (sensitivity): 0 dB ... -15 dB
- Output level control (output level in 1 m based on 0 dBu input level): 94; 100; 108; 114 dB SPL
- Controller design: Analog; active
- Crossover frequency: 650 Hz and 2.0 kHz
- Crossover slope: 24 dB/oct; 4th order
- Equalization: Bass: 0; -2.5; -5; -7.5 dB
- Equalization: Low-Mid: 0; -1.5; -3; -4.5 dB
- Equalization: Treble: +1; 0; -1; -2 dB
- Protection circuitry: Independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters. Amplifier overheat.
- Infrasonic filter: frequency; slope: 15 Hz; 6 dB/oct.
- Display: On; Normal Operation: Neumann logo “White”
- Display: Limit / Clip / Errors / Protection /Boot Mute / Shut Down Mute: Neumann logo “Red”
- Display Brightness: White: 100%/60%/30%/off; Red: 100%/60%/30%
- Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 210 W
- Output power midrange amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 90 W
- Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 90 W
- Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%): 150 W
- Output power midrange amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%): 70 W
- Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%): 70 W
- Mains Power Supply: input voltage; frequency: 100-240V; 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption (230 V / 100 V): Idle: 24 W
- Power consumption (230 V / 100 V): Full output: 300 W
- Cabinet material: Polyurethane front, wooden sleeve, aluminum electronics panel
- Cabinet surface finish; color (front / back): Painted; metallic anthracite (RAL 7021) / black (RAL 9005)
- Operating conditions: +10° C to +40° C (+50° F to +104° F); <90% RH, non-condensing
- Transport/storage conditions: -25° C to +70° C (-13° F to 158° F); <90% RH; non-condensing
- Woofer: 210 mm (8 1/4") magnetically sheilded
- Midrange: 75 mm (3") with magnetic sheilding
- Tweeter: 25 mm (1") with protecting black metal grille
- Mounting points: 2 x M8 on side panels; thread depth from outside of cabinet 25 mm (1”);Rear panel screws for attaching LH 41 base plate
- Product dimensions (height x width x depth): 253 x 383 x 292 mm (10" x 15 1/8" x 11 1/2")
- External net volume: 28.3 liters
- Product weight: 13.0 kg (28 lbs 11 oz)