Launchkey is our intuitive and fully integrated MIDI keyboard controller for making tracks in Ableton Live, designed to give you everything you need to create and play your music.
Made for creators of all abilities, Launchkey gives you inspirational tools to expand your musical vocabulary. Scale and Chord modes and a powerful arpeggiator push your musical creativity and help start new ideas. Custom Modes and a full-size MIDI output transform Launchkey into a powerful centrepiece of any music-making setup.
Deepest Ableton Live integration in its category
Immediate access to all the controls you need.
Create and play with feeling
Velocity-sensitive keyboard and 16 velocity-sensitive pads enable expressive and dynamic performance.
Get creative with chords
Three chord modes (fixed, scale and user) let you trigger chords with one finger.
Never hit a wrong note
Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the selected scale.
One-touch access to Ableton Live’s Capture MIDI feature means you’ll never lose an idea.
Get melodies moving
Powerful arpeggiator takes you to new melodic, harmonic and rhythmic places.
Control anything MIDI
Five-pin MIDI output works with any MIDI-compatible device.
Make Launchkey your own
Four Custom Modes enable you to create unique control setups for any performance or studio rig, using Novation Components.
Shape your sound
Tweak instruments and effects to perfection using eight rotary encoders and (on 49- and 61-key models) nine 45mm faders.
16x2 character screen lets you easily see the state of what you’re controlling or selecting.
Choose from four model sizes
25-, 37-, 49- and 61-key variants let you pick the perfect controller for your setup.
Make music immediately
Free software, including Ableton Live 10 Lite, virtual instruments, plugins and sample packs let you start creating straight away.
- 49 velocity sensitive keys
- Launchkey 49 - 258mm H, 789mm W, 77mm D
- 16x2 char screen
- 16 RGB backlit velocity sensitive pads
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 8 knobs
- 5 pin MIDI out socket
- 9 sliders (49/61 key models)
- Arp/scale/fixed chord buttons
- Arm/select buttons (49/61 key models)
- Octave up/down buttons
- Play/stop/record/loop buttons
- Track navigation buttons
- Capture MIDI/quantise/click/undo buttons
- Stop/solo/mute button
- Scene launch button
- Device select/device lock buttons
- USB B socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket
- Kensington security slot
- Works with Ableton Live 10 or later. Ableton Live 10 Lite included.
- Full integration with Logic and Reason, plus out of the box functionality with other DAWs including Studio One, Cubase and Pro Tools, via HUI.
- Launchkey also works as a standard MIDI controller.
- USB bus powered
- Power supply not included
WATCH: Launchkey [MK3] - Introduction // Novation