For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time.
Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players.
These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
The EHB's headless construction, contoured body, ergonomic design, and chambered body make for a lightweight and comfortable instrument that's excellent for long sets or practice sessions.
This series also sports a combination of high-quality tone woods and versatile electronics, resulting in a cutting-edge, ultra-modern bass, capable of cutting though the complex landscape of tones required for today's bassist.
- Ergonomic body design
- Slanted body back
- Comfortably rounded body edge, Chambered body
- Scooped cut on the body back
- 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Luminescent side dot inlays
- Vari-Mid 3-Band EQ w/EQ bypass switch
- MR5HS mono rail bridge w/string spacing adjustable saddles
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins and Neutrik locking jack
- Detachable Finger ramp
- Neck type: EHB55pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Top/back/body: American Basswood body
- Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay
- Fret: Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: MR5HS bridge
- String space: 18mm
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® BH2 neck pickupPassive
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickupPassive
- Equaliser: Vari-mid 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Strings: D'Addario® EXL165 + .130
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- Hardware color: Black
- Scale: 864mm/34"
- a: Width 45mm at NUT
- b: Width 74mm at 24F
- c: Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d: Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius: 500mmR