Most battery-powered instruments and stereo keyboards will produce as much as 7 Volts when played at maximum volume, which can easily overload typical active direct boxes which have are only able to handle about 3 Volts.
The J48 Stereo uses a unique switching power supply that raises the internal rail voltage so it can handle up to an incredible 9 Volts, resulting in improved signal handling and greater headroom.
This additional headroom significantly reduces distortion of all types, allowing the natural tone and character of the instrument to shine through.
The J48 maintains stereo separation between the left and right channels, allowing it to be used on two separate instruments or with stereo sources such as keyboards.
- ¼” THRU-PUTS: Left and right parallel outputs used to connect the hi-Z instrument signal to an amplifier, tuner or personal monitoring system.
- ¼” INPUTS: Left and right unbalanced, hi-Z inputs used to connect instruments.
- -15dB PAD: Reduces the input sensitivity to prevent overload.
- +48V: LED indicator will glow when the J48 Stereo is receiving phantom power.
- HPF: High-pass filter switch gently rolls off bass to remove rumble and resonant feedback (-3dB @ 80Hz).
- BOOKEND DESIGN: Creates a protective zone around the switches and connectors.
- 180° POLARITY (side panel): Reverses the polarity of the
- RIGHT XLR output by toggling pins-2 and 3.
- I-BEAM REINFORCED: 14-gauge steel enclosure with rigid
- I-beam construction makes it impossible to torque the PC board and cause solder joints to go cold.
- XLR OUT: Left and right balanced, low impedance mic level output. Wired to AES standard (pin-2 hot).
- GROUND LIFT: Disconnects the ground from the audio signal path and helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- NO SLIP PAD: Provides electrical and mechanical isolation and keeps the J48 Stereo from sliding around.
- POWDER COAT FINISH: Durable finish keeps your J48
- Stereo looking great for years.
- Audio circuit type: Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Number of channels: 2
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic range: 109dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% @ -5dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.003% @ -3dBu
- Phase Deviation: +10º at 20Hz | 0º at 1kHz | -1º at 20kHz
- Input Impedance: 220kΩ - ¼" input
- Output Impedance: 600Ω - XLR output
- Equivalent Input Noise: -103dBu
- Noise: -99dB below 0dBu
- Maximum Input: +10dBu
- Input pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, HPF
- Input Connectors: 2x 1/4" in and thru
- Output Connectors: 2x XLR
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lb (720 g)
- Power: 48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable