Roland continues to revolutionize electronic drums, and our newly developed digital trigger pads are no exception. Incorporating the very latest technologies, these innovative pads work directly with the powerful processing in the flagship TD-50 sound module to provide the ultimate in expressive drumming. Never before have electronic drums been so true to life.
The PD-140DS V-Pad combines snare tradition with highly advanced triggering and exceptional sensitivity, which is communicated to the TD-50 module via a high-speed digital connection. A brand-new, three-layer mesh head is fitted to a standard 14-inch shell, providing natural rebound and feel that’s instantly familiar to play.
Thanks to Roland’s new multi-element sensor system, your strokes across every area of the pad are more closely detected than ever before, and playing dynamics are captured in minute detail. In addition, traditional cross stick technique is automatically detected as the pad senses your hand position and adjusts accordingly.
Producing snare sounds that are natural, detailed, and bursting with character, the PD-140DS delivers all-new levels of performance and playability.
- High-resolution sound triggering with accurate positional detection
- Designed for use with the flagship TD-50 sound module
- Play cross sticks using traditional techniques, with no need to adjust settings inside the module
- Three-ply mesh head provides natural rebound, playing feel, and response
- Standard acoustic-style 14-inch diameter offers a familiar look, presence, and playability
- Reflective steel shell makes a visual impression on the stage
- Pad size: 14 inches
- Shell depth: 4.3 inches
- Tension rods: 8
- Head: 3-ply mesh head (Floating mid-layer structure)
- Available playing methods (Triggers)
- Head shot (High resolution positional detection, Wide dynamic range)
- Rim shot (Depth detection, Wide dynamic range)
- Cross stick (Automatic switching)
- Brush sweep
- Sensor system
- Multi element sensor system
- Head sensor
- Position sensors x 3
- Rim sensor
- Cross stick sensors x 3
- Built-in sensing processor
- Supported covering size
- 98 (width) x 1,060 (length) mm
- Connector: DIGITAL TRIGGER OUT plug (compatible with Roland drum sound module equipped with DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port)
- Thickness: 1 mm or less
- Power supply: Supplied from DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port (DC 5 V)
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Owner’s Manual
- Connection Cable
- Drum Key
- Drum Stands (MDS series)
- Width: (W)380 mm; 15 inches
- Depth: (D)380 mm; 15 inches
- Height: (H)160 mm; 6-5/16 inches
- Weight: 4.9 kg; 10 lbs. 13 oz.
WATCH: Roland PD-140DS V-Pad sound preview. TD-50 Series.