Sabian FRX cymbals are designed for playing environments where other cymbals are just too much.
They are NOT low volume cymbals. Rather, FRX work by cutting specific frequencies, resulting in the perception of lower volume. Remove these frequencies, and suddenly your cymbals sit perfectly in the mix, no matter how hard you play.
FRX1806 18 INCH CRASH CYMBAL AT A GLANCE:
- STYLE: Modern
- METAL: b20
- SOUND: Bright
Listen to the Sabian FRX1806 18 Inch Crash Cymbal in action:
...and check out this video to watch a Sabian FRX1806 16 Inch Crash Cymbal in action:
Professional B20 Bronze cymbals crafted in the SABIAN Vault. FRX offers complex and versatile dark tone with reduced frequency across the entire line.
- Sabian metallurgists combine measured amounts of copper, tin and silver to create centuries-old recipe for Sabian B20 bronze alloy
- Molten-hot B20 bronze is very carefully hand-poured into pots, and once cooled, yields already-musical B20 bronze castings
- B20 castings are meticulously hand-separated by weight and prepared to remove all impurities
- Castings are fed through a large rolling oven up to a dozen times, involving a crew of 5 men who must work with choreographic precision under intense heat
- During the entire rolling process, blanks must be rotated carefully to create a molecular weave for strength and durability
- As castings become cymbal blanks, custom-built machine tools are expertly hand-operated to press bells into blanks, drill holes in center, cut down to size and bump for approximate shape
- Lathe craftsmen operate specially retrofitted lathes, thinning cymbal to desired gauge while adding crucial tonal grooves
- Cymbal must be trimmed to exact size and the edges buffed for smoothness
- Each individual cymbal is hand-tested and hand-weighed in the Vault by Vault sound specialists, a critical process
- Each individual cymbal is placed on a shelf to age, allowing the frantically active molecules to slow down and stabilize
- Each individual cymbal is once again hand-tested by two Vault specialists to ensure they fit the parameters of the series and model