The smaller body and 24-7/8-inch-scale neck make for an intimate playing experience, and the cedar top responds with a wonderful midrange bloom, especially for players with a light touch.
This year’s edition features a move to V-Class bracing tailored for the Grand Concert shape, which pushes a surprising amount of volume from this small-bodied guitar, coupled with notes that sustain gorgeously.
The new bracing design proves a perfect match for a solid cedar top, opening up greater headroom while maintaining cedar’s natural touch sensitivity and warmth. An elegant cutaway opens up the fretboard, while Taylor’s ES2 pickup delivers organic amplified acoustic tone.
Appointments include faux tortoise shell binding and pickguard, a rosette of faux tortoise shell framed by grained ivoroid, and a grained ivoroid Century fretboard inlay.
Grand ConcertShapes A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
Western Red Cedar A true performer for those with a lighter touch, cedar tops yield extra warmth and pair nicely with mahogany and rosewood.
Tropical Mahogany A midrange powerhouse. Mahogany is prized for balance and articulation, making it one of the best all-around tonewoods there is.
Expression System® 2 The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
Venetian Cutaway The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
V-Class Bracing A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4 3/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Armrest Binding: None
- None: Backstrap Wood
- None: Rosette Mat.
- Ivoroid: Stain/Sunburst
- Stain/Sunburst: Medium Brown Stain Back/Sides/Neck
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Century
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead: Peghead Finish
- Gloss: Peghead Binding
- None: Peghead Type
- Standard: Peghead Purfling
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Century
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None