*Expected to arrive in May 2022*
When you’re working in the field or on set, sound levels can fluctuate often and quickly. The F3 allows you to adapt to your scene without having to set the gain or worry about clipping. In post, you’ll be able to work with your capture, regardless of extremely low or high levels.
Featuring the dual A/D converters and low-noise preamps found in our professional F-Series recorders, the F3 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting or situation.
The F3 is built with durable side bars, standard tripod mount and slide-resistant rubber feet ensuring that you can mount it on your gear or hide it in any scene. It’s sturdy metal casing and locking XLR connectors is designed for use in a variety of environments.
The headphone output allows you to keep an ear on your recordings, plus a line output enables you to go to your camera or other gear.
Connect your F3 to a computer or iOS device via USB as an audio interface and record or stream up to two channels in crystal-clear 24-bit/96 kHz resolution. The loopback function allows you to combine your computer’s audio with the F3 inputs to complete the sound for your stream.
- 2-channel / 2-track field audio recorder
- Featuring 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters for full dynamic range and clip-free audio capture
- 2 discrete inputs with locking XLR connectors
- Input signals can be monitored with realtime waveform display on LCD
- Compact and Durable (can be attached to boom mic with velcro)
- High quality mic preamps provide a super-low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN)
- Record up to 192 kHz sampling/32-bit float WAV format, mono or stereo files
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated Volume control
- Records directly to microSDHC and microSDXC cards up to 1 TB
- Wireless iOS/Android* remote control available through optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter (*Android version to be released in 2022)
- Use as 2-in/2-out USB audio interface (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
- Over 8 hours of operation with two AA alkaline batteries
- Runs on only 2 standard AA batteries or AC adapter (AD-17) or USB battery pack
- Wireless timecode synchronization (*Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter and UltraSync Blue device by Timecode Systems are required.)
Input and output channels
- INPUTS MIC/LINE (mono): 2
- OUTPUTS LINE OUT: 1
- PHONE OUT: 1
- MIC/LINE (MONO)
- Connectors: 2 XLR (2: HOT)
- Input gain: Adjustment unnecessary (dual AD converter circuits used)
- Input impedance: MIC: 3 kΩ or more; LINE: 3 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level: MIC: +4 dBu; LINE: +24 dBu
- Phantom power: +24/48 V
- Combined channel total of 10 mA or less
- Equivalent input noise: −127 dBu or less (IHF-A) when waveform magnification is ×1024 with 150 Ω input
- LINE OUT
- Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: +1 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω or less
- PHONE OUT
- Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: 50 mW + 50 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Output impedance: 15 Ω or less
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Maximum simultaneous playback tracks: 2
- Recording format: WAV, 44.1/48/ 88.2/96/192 kHz, 32-bit float mono/stereo, BWF and iXML formats supported
- Recording media: 4 – 32 GB cards compatible with the microSDHC specification; 64 GB – 1 TB cards compatible with the microSDXC specification
- LCD with backlight (96×64 resolution)
- Connector: USB Type-C • Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Audio interface operation: USB2.0 High Speed; 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 24-bit; 2-in/2-out
- Mass storage operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Dedicated wireless adapter (ZOOM BTA-1)
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1 A
• USB bus power is supported.
- 75.0 mm (W) × 77.3 mm (D) × 47.8 mm (H)
Weight (including batteries)
- 242 g
Watch: Meet the Zoom Field F3 Field Recorder