THE ONLY RECORDER THAT ADAPTS TO YOUR WAY OF CREATING
12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
THERE’S AN APP
FOR YOUR WORKFLOW
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project’s needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
THE PODCAST APP
The PODCAST App makes high-production quality simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card.
THE MUSIC APP
The MUSIC App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
THE FIELD APP
The FIELD App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compress, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
THE MIC CAPSULE
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
- Customized applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for four main XLR inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you''ll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- NUMBER OF INPUT CHANNELS: 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
- NUMBER OF OUTPUT CHANNELS: 2 (stereo headphone and stereo line)
- MIC IN: ZOOM mic connector
- INPUT 1-4: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- INPUT A/B: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- USB: USB Micro-B(audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions)Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer.Operation using USB bus power is possible.
- REMOTE: ZOOM BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
- LINE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- PHONE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- PHANTOM POWER: +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- RECORDING MEDIA: Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
- FORMATS WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereoMP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps
- MAXIMUM SIMULTANEOUS RECORDINGTRACKS: 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- MULTITRACK MODE: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- STEREO MIX MODE: 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
- TUNER: Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/Open G/DADGAD
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: 400 mW 8Ω mono speaker
- DISPLAY: 2.4" (320×240) full-color touchscreen LCD
- POWER: 4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1AUSB bus power
- Using XY mic, 44.1 kHz/24-bit (stereo × 1): about 15:00
- The above values are approximate.
- Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: H8 116.4 mm (W) × 163.3 mm (D) × 48.6 mm (H); XYH-6 78.9 mm (W) × 60.2 mm (D) × 45.2 mm (H)
- WEIGHT: H8 354 g XYH-6: 130 g
- Note: When using a USB cable designed for recharging, audio interface, SD card reader and Guitar Lab connection functions cannot be used.