A continuation of PRS’s popular HXDA amplifiers, PRS HDRX amps feature a refined control layout and a newly-documented “Authentic Hendrix” Touring Circuit. This circuit is heavily inspired by one of Hendrix’s personal amps, purportedly used at Woodstock, which Paul Reed Smith and PRS Amp Designer Doug Sewell were able to study in 2018.
Designed to push the high-end so it is very clear, but not so much that it’s harsh, the PRS HDRX shines without glaring and allows for aggression that can be backed off for smooth, sweet tones.
The PRS HDRX 100 is driven by four EL34EH power tubes, the best pre-amp tubes available, and a custom-designed Straight Edge output transformer. The power supply and filament design make the HDRX 100 remarkably quiet with little to no amp “hum or hiss.”
The PRS HDRX 100 features a 3-band TMB tone stack, 3-way bright switch, high-mid gain switch, and presence controls. These features mirror the historic amp and give players flexibility and increased control of their tone. The PRS HDRX 100 is also designed with internally bridged channels with individual volume controls.
This eliminates the need for a jumper cable (historically used on the outside of the amp) and allows players to more easily dial in their distortion level and tone by blending the lead and bass channels’ individual volume controls, bringing more modern convenience to the amp.
Made in PRS Guitars Stevensville, Maryland, USA factory, PRS HDRX 100 amps are an exhaustive recreation of tone, a celebration of history, and a monument to modern technology. PRS has also designed matching 2x12 and 4x12 cabinets for the HDRX Amp family. Loaded with modified Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speakers, these cabinets push and punch to complete the package.
- Available Configurations: Head Only
- Wattage: 100
- Front Panel Controls
- Channel 1 Controls -Bass Volume with common Presence, Bass, Middle, Mid Gain (on/off), Treble, Lead Volume, 3-Way Bright Switch (Off, Bright 1, Bright 2)
- Channel 2 Controls - Channel 2 Controls - Lead Volume with common Presence, Bass, Middle, Mid Gain (on/off), Treble, Bright (Off, Bright 1, Bright 2), Bass Volume
- Back Panel Features
- Inlet: Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Bias: Adjustable
- Extension Speaker: Jacks 5
- Ohm Switching: (2) 4 ohm, (2) 8 ohm, (1) 16 ohm
- Covering: Black Tolex
- Piping: Black
- Output Transformer: Straight Edge 100 Watt Output
- Power Tubes: 4x New Sensor EL34EH
- Preamp Tubes: 3x JJ ECC803S
- Preamp Tubes Positions & Functions
- V1: Input
- V2: Cathode Follower
- V3: Phase Inverter
- Amp Width: 21.5"
- Amp Depth: 10"
- Amp Height: 18"
- Amp Weight: 40 lbs
Watch: The HDRX 100 | Demo | PRS Guitars