Japan’s historic taiko drumming tradition has been deeply woven into the country’s culture since ancient times. Taiko drums—also known as “wadaiko”—are an integral part of traditional Japanese performing arts and rituals, and are regularly played at local events and festivals.
As a Japanese company, Roland has always had great respect for taiko culture, maintaining a strong desire to contribute to the tradition by helping bring the dedication and artistry of traditional Japanese music to a wider audience.
Born and made in Japan, the groundbreaking TAIKO-1 electronic percussion instrument infuses the classic taiko experience with the many benefits of modern music technology, making playing Japanese percussion more fun and accessible than ever before.
Backed by decades of development knowledge behind leading products like V-Drums and the ELCajon EC-10, TAIKO-1 brings the power and convenience of Roland electronic percussion to taiko enthusiasts everywhere.
- Premium electronic taiko instrument, based on the katsugi okedo daiko
- Versatile sound engine provides a wide selection of Japanese percussion instruments, including okedo daiko, nagado daiko, shime daiko, and more
- Dual-zone, three-ply mesh heads on both ends provide natural playability and acoustically quiet performance for practice with headphones
- Roland’s positional sensing technology accurately reproduces natural tonal differences across the playing surfaces
- 35 cm in diameter, approximately the same head size (excluding rim) as a 1.5 shaku okedo taiko
- Weighs 4.5 kg/9 lb., similar to a normal katsugi okedo daiko
- Quick and simple disassembly for carrying convenience
- Play your own sounds by importing WAV audio via USB memory
- Drum for up to five hours with eight AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
- Built-in ji-uchi backing patterns for practice and performance
- Bluetooth function for playing along with music wirelessly from your smartphone
- Fits on a standard taiko stand for fuse-uchi playing styles (drum vertical on the floor)
- Pads: 14 inches(Head/Rim) x2
- Drums kit: 100 (Preset: 50)
- Instruments: more than 100
- User Sample Import: Number of User Sample: Maximum 500
- Sound Length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo; File formats that can be loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits, Stereo/Mono)
- Kit Chains: 16 chains (32step per chain)
- Effect: more than 20 types
- Bluetooth: Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
- Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- OUTPUT jack x 1: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIX IN jack x 1: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- TRIGGER INPUT connector x 2 (Original)
- FOOT SW jack x 1: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- Foot pedal jacks x2
- USB Memory Port x 1
- USB COMPUTER jack(MIDI) x 1: USB Mirco B type
- DC IN jack x 1
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (DC 12 V) or AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries x 8 *Alkaline and Carbon-zinc batteries cannot be used.
- Current draw: 500mA (DC IN)
- Battery Life for Continuous Use: AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries: Maximum 5 hours *This figure will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, AC adaptor
- Width: 430mm; 16-59/64 inch
- Depth: 430mm; 16-59/64 inch
- Height: 521mm; 20-33/64 inch
- Weight: 4.5Kg; 9lb 14oz (excluding AC adaptor)
Watch: Roland Electronic Taiko Percussion TAIKO-1