The MKE 400 is a compact, highly directional on-camera shotgun microphone ideal for vloggers and videographers that want to isolate and enhance the audio for their video.
Like the MKE 200, the MKE 400 includes built-in wind protection and integrated shock absorption, while offering even more features to ensure the best possible recordings.
Its directionality is achieved by an acoustic interference tube which helps to isolate the audio in front of the camera and reject unwanted background noise from the sides.
Compatible with DSLR/M cameras or mobile devices via the provided 3.5 mm TRS and TRRS locking coiled cables, switching from one device to another is accomplished with ease.
Two triple-A batteries power the microphone for up to 100 hours of continuous audio capture and a cold-shoe mount with quarter-20 thread allows for universal mounting.
Advanced features include a 3-step gain sensitivity switch to ensure distortion free sound in any environment, a switchable low-cut filter to focus your audio on essential frequencies for clarity and speech intelligibility, and a convenient headphone output with volume control to monitor your levels.
A furry windshield is included with each MKE 400 and provides maximum wind protection while outdoors. Also available as the “MKE 400 Mobile Kit” which includes the MKE 400 microphone, Sennheiser Smartphone Clamp and Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod in a convenient package for your camera bag or mobile set-up.
- Compact, highly directional, super-cardioid shotgun microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Built-in low-cut filter and 3-step sensitivity switch for added flexibility and control in any environment
- Integrated headphone output jack with volume adjustment for audio monitoring
- Interchangeable 3.5 mm TRS and TRRS connectivity for DSLR/M cameras or mobile devices
- Automatically powers on/off when connected to DSLR/M cameras
- Also available as the MKE 400 Mobile Kit, including: MKE 400 microphone, Sennheiser Smartphone Clamp and Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod
- Transducer principle: pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency response: 50 – 20,000 Hz
- Pick-up pattern: super cardioid
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: -23 / -42 / -63 dBV/Pa
- Max SPL at 1 kHz: 132 dB SPL
- Power supply: battery (2x AAA / LR03 size, 1.5 V)
- Auto power function: plug-in power required (2 - 10 V)
- Operating time: > 100 h*
- Low battery indicator: > 3 h of remaining operating time
- Microphone output: 3.5 mm jack, screwable
- Dimensions: 126 x 67 x 37 mm
- Weight: 93.5 g
- MKE 400 on-camera microphone
- CL 35 TRS, locking TRS to TRS coiled cable
- CL 35 TRRS, locking TRS to TRRS coiled cable
- MZH 400 furry windshield
- Drawstring pouch
- Quick guide
- Safety guide
Watch: The all new MKE 400 - Feature Overview