UV EQ is the perfect partner for the SSL G-COMP Stereo Bus Compressor module, offering advanced SSL processing all from 500 Series modules.
Over and above Fusion's Violet EQ, UV EQ takes features further, adding two dedicated mid-bands, with precision Focus mode. They're classic SSL parametric mid-bands capable of the traditional SSL processing techniques but also go far beyond, offering absolute surgical precision all the way to creative 'notch' style filtering and resonant screaming.
Focus mode allows users to ‘hone in’ on problem frequencies or specific frequencies they want to accentuate or attenuate. Pressing the ‘Focus’ switch in, automatically narrows the chosen Q setting further and increases the range of gain available beyond the normal +/-9 dB operation, to a huge +/-18 dB. In true flexible SSL workflow fashion, it transforms this sweet sounding, musical SSL EQ into a more surgical tool.
Remove rumble and tighten up low frequencies, the HPF found on UV EQ brings a world of flexibility when processing low end. The interaction with LF shelving band offers unique ways to sculpt signals and yes, UV EQ is capable of the sought after boost + cut effect.
Dedicated Trim control means you can hit convertors with plenty of headroom or smash into them the perfect amount when clipping is desired.
- 4-band Stereo EQ
- High and low shelving bands
- Minimum-phase design inherited from Fusion
- Dual fully parametric mid-bands
- Precision 'Focus' mode
- High-Pass Filter at key fixed frequencies
- Dedicated output Trim
- Surgical precision to creative colour
- Module signal: Stereo
- LF Shelf EQ: +/- 9dB Gain at 30, 50, 70, 90Hz
- HF Shelf EQ: +/- 9dB Gain at 8k, 12k, 16k and 20kHz.
- HMF Parametric EQ: +/- 9dB (focus mode 18dB) Gain 400Hz-6kHz
- LMF Parametric EQ: +/- 9dB (focus mode 18dB) Gain 100Hz-1.1kHz
- Switchable HPF: OFF, 30, 40, 50Hz
- Gain Trim: +/- 12dB
- Switched Bypass: Yes