Since we first introduced the Schaffer Replica EX “Tower” our customers’ most popular request has been for us to create a pedalboard-friendly stompbox with the same circuit.
The Storm features a 100% analog signal path that is nearly identical to our EX Tower that has quite literally taken the guitar industry by storm, hence the name. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers three interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every guitar configuration and genre of music.
- GAIN knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone).
- BOOST knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 31db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
- LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This optical analog circuit naturally limits the audio signal going into the pedal's circuitry (unlike the complimentary compander circuit which smooths out amplitude after the signal reaches its peak). Limiting is commonly used by mastering engineers to transparently raise overall level, without the risk of clipping and distortion generally associated with gain increases. Sensitivity of this effect may be fine tuned for different output pickups or to give your instrument an open or compressed attack.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Commercial Grade PCB
- Heavy Duty True Bypass Footswitch
- Blue LED when effect is engaged
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9-12vDC (-) Power Supply - No battery
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Made in USA
Watch: SD Tone Tasters: SoloDallas Storm On 1977 Marshall 2203