The Mudhoney distortion was our first shot at making a great, all-round distortion box. That´s how most owners have described it - it just plain works for a lot of different music styles and they haven´t found a similar sound in many other pedals.
In fact, there´s a story about a player that bought and sold six Mudhoney´s, before realizing that the pedals he replaced it with weren´t doing it for him, so he got the seventh one – and kept it.
The slightly aggressive and punchy sounding midrange paired up with a gain mode switch gives you great, natural rock grit – but with the ability to be almost fuzz-like on high gain settings. Conversely, on low gain settings, the sound is really cool for a nastier, growlier rhythm sound.
Still dressed in mellow-yellow, still handmade in Denmark, still sounding every bit as good as the old “yellow one”, we are proud to make the Mudhoney sound available to players again.
- “The yellow one” - Raunchy-but-smooth distortion
- True bypass
- Reproduction of the original Mudhoney circuit
- Selected parts match or surpass the old ones in quality/sound
- Input impedance @ 1KHz: Higher than 1M Ohm
- Output impedance @ 1KHz: Lower than 1K Ohm
- Power supply: 9V DC (T-Rex FuelTank)
- Minimum power supply voltage: 8V DC
- Maximum power supply voltage: 12,5V DC
- Current draw @ 9V DC: 6 mA
- Maximum input signal V p-p: 1,5V p-p
- Battery type 9V battery: 6F22
- Battery life: 14-18 hours
- External connectors: input jack, output jack, 9V DC jack
- Controls: On/off, level, gain, tone, boost
- Pedal size incl. knobs (W x H x D): 100 x 55 x 120 mm / 3,9 x 2,2 x 4,7 inch
- Weight excl. packaging: 0,350 kg / 12,3 oz
Watch: T-Rex Mudhoney Distortion_DK