2021 marks Stewart Copeland’s 40th Anniversary with TAMA Drums. But amazingly, Stewart’s affinity for TAMA began several years before, in 1975. While living in London and writing drum reviews for a local magazine, Stewart was tasked with TAMA’s newly released Imperialstar drum kit.
A fledgling drum company at the time, TAMA’s exploding sound and innovation instantly captured Stewart’s heart. Finally, drums made for the Rock drummer that were meant to be hit hard. He had to have a set, and history simply wrote itself.
In 2001, when releasing Tama first signature series snare drum, Tama aimed to recreate the core of Stewart’s sound. Honoring one of the most recognized drum sounds in popular music, the SC145 was born, quickly becoming a must-have for top recording studios around the world. The drum’s clarity is its most unique feature, cutting through the din from the rest of the band – a sound that has continued to intrigue and fascinate the music world since its inception.
And now, twenty years later, Tama celebrate this longtime relationship with the 40th Anniversary Stewart Copeland Limited Edition Signature Snare Drum. With only 200pcs available worldwide, the rare and valuable antiqued brass shell maintains that famous sound, all the while paying homage to Stewart’s roots.
- 1.5mm Brass Shell
- Signature Badge
- Die-Cast Hoop & Triple-Flange Steel Mighty Hoop
- “Linear-Drive” Strainer (US. PAT.NO.8017846)
- 20 strands Starclassic Carbon Steel Snare Wires
- REMO® Coated Ambassador / Snare Side Head
- Model No.: SC145A40
- Size: 14" x5”
- Shell: 1.5mm Brass Shell in Antiqued Finish
- Lug: MSL35
- Hoop: Die-Cast Hoop (10 hole, Batter side) / Steel Mighty Hoop (10 hole, Snare side)
- Head: REMO® Coated Ambassador / Snare Side
- Strainer/Butt: MLS50A / MLS50B
- Snare Wire: 20 strands Starclassic Carbon Steel Snare Wires (MS20SN14S)