With the addition of V-Class bracing, the enhanced volume and sustain expand the dynamic range in both directions—making it both more responsive to a light touch and capable of handling a lively attack.
The 12-fret configuration, which positions the bridge near the center of the lower bout, elicits extra warmth, power and sweetness, and those sonic traits are also enhanced by V-Class framework.
Visually, the slotted headstock, grained ivoroid Century inlays, and faux tortoise shell binding and pickguard outfit the guitar with neo-vintage aesthetic appeal, while modern features include an elegant Venetian cutaway and proprietary Taylor ES2 electronics.
A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
Western Red Cedar
A true performer for those with a lighter touch, cedar tops yield extra warmth and pair nicely with mahogany and rosewood.
A midrange powerhouse. Mahogany is prized for balance and articulation, making it one of the best all-around tonewoods there is.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Taylor Slot Head
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4 3/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Tortoise
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Ivoroid
- Stain/Sunburst: Medium Brown Stain Back/Sides/Neck
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Century
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Satin: Heel Length
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Slot Head
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: None
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Ebony
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None