Made with solid Indian rosewood back and sides with a Lutz spruce top, this Grand Auditorium generates powerful, balanced acoustic tone with low-range warmth and top-end chime that make it suitable for almost any musical style or situation.
With V-Class bracing under the hood and the additional headroom offered by the Lutz spruce variety, this guitar is more than capable of taking center stage as well as sitting further back in a supporting role for a larger mix of musicians.
The 714ce WSB features the standard 700 Series appointment package, which includes koa binding, a three-ring Douglas fir rosette with a herringbone pattern, Reflections inlays in abalone, and a full-gloss body that adds lustre to the beautiful top treatment.
It ships with our proprietary ES2 pickup and a deluxe hardshell guitar case.
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
This natural hybrid of Sitka and White spruce also shares characteristics with Adirondack spruce, responding with power, richness and volume.
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Weathered Brown
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Non Figured Koa
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: 2016 3-Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Douglas Fir Herringbone
- Stain/Sunburst: Western
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Reflections
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Satin: Heel Length
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: None
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Douglas Fir Herringbone