With its shorter body and scale length, the GT’s proportions are smaller than the Grand Concert but larger than the GS Mini, finding a sweet spot where comfort meets rich, solid-wood tone.
The superstar tonewood pairing of Indian rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top delivers all the clarity and balance you’d expect from a full-size rosewood guitar, while its smaller footprint and shorter scale (24-⅛”) provide a slinkier feel that makes complex chords or arpeggio formations easier to hold.
Under the hood, the GT 811e reflects Taylor’s envelope-pushing design approach—we’ve adapted the tone-enhancing benefits of V-Class bracing into a new pattern that provides similar increases in volume and sustain for the GT’s smaller frame. Called C-Class bracing, this interior architecture boosts the response in the bass range, yielding warmth and presence that a guitar of this size typically can’t produce.
This model is appointed to match its counterparts in the 800 Series, featuring maple binding with black purfling accents, a single-ring abalone rosette, a thin 4.5-mil gloss finish on the entire body, and mother-of-pearl fretboard and peghead inlays in our Element pattern.
The GT 811e ships with built-in ES2 electronics for organic plugged-in tone and comes with our exclusive AeroCase, whose ultra-lightweight construction and padded walls provides ample protection.
Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, the GT’s scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Scale Length: 24-1/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: C-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel Mini
- Case: Aerocase
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 18-½”
- Body Width: 15”
- Body Depth: 3-¾”
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-23/32"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: None
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Satin: Heel Length
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Smoked Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Maple/Indian Rosewood