By coaxing a more orderly response from the top, this game-changing bracing design allows the 814ce DLX to produce more powerful notes everywhere on the fretboard, along with stronger projection, longer sustain, and improved intonation, creating a more musical and expressive playing experience for guitarists.
The classic pairing of Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce sparkles with new intensity thanks to the new internal bracing architecture, bringing out more of rosewood’s naturally warm overtones and producing clear, bell-like highs.
Premium details include a radius-style rosewood armrest and Gotoh 510 tuners that feature a precise 21:1 gear ratio, delivering an ultra-smooth playing experience.
And with deluxe features like maple binding, mother-of-pearl Element fretboard and peghead inlays, a smoky ebony fretboard, rosewood top trim, and maple fretboard/peghead purfling lines, it’s easy to see why the 814ce DLX is one of Taylor's most appealing rosewood models.
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Pale Non-Figured Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Armrest Binding: Indian Rosewood insert
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Satin: Heel Length
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Chrome
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Indian Rosewood