You love the sound of your amplifier pushed right to the magic sweet spot where the best tones are. Until now, the only available option was blasting your sound through a 4×12″ to properly excite a microphone. Enter Torpedo, the simplest and most realistic way to get your sound to your audience. Use the amp you love!
Everything that makes a real amp rule over all the other alternatives is retained. You can even record silently late at night. Gone is the backache from the loadout, complaints from neighbours, venue staff or even bandmates and the frustration of not being able to sound at one’s best trying to reduce the volume.
Use your amplifier without a speaker cabinet thanks to the load box of the Torpedo Live. Its reactive impedance of 8 Ohms faithfully imitates a speaker, allowing the amp to work exactly as if it was connected to a speaker cabinet.
Miked cabinet simulation
With DynIR, the tech behind Torpedo products, you have the best speaker simulation to send your amp tone to the PA or an audio interface. Choose the cabinet, and mic it with the selection of 8 microphones available for each cabinet. With the new dual miking feature, you can now mike like a pro and combine two different mics for richer textures.
The Torpedo Live comes with a powerful EQ and a superb reverb to shape your sound before going to the PA or the recording unit.
Connectivity (Refer to image)
1- Ventilation slit
2- Input gain
4- SETUP button
5- PRESET/PARAMETER encoder
6- OUT LEVEL/VALUE encoder
7- EDIT/SAVE button
8- Phones output
9- Mains switch
10- Mains connector
11- USB connector
12- MIDI connector
13- S/PDIF output
14- Balanced line output
15- Balanced line input
16- Speaker Thru
17- Amplifier input
- The Torpedo Live is fully controllable via MIDI. Program Changes are used to change presets. Control Changes are used to control the parameters.
- Input impedance : 8 Ohms
- Admissible power : 100W RMS
- Cooled by temperature-controlled fan and active thermal security : the amp and musician work in security
- Speaker Input: 1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Thru: 1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS) – Directly connected to Speaker Input. Disconnects the loadbox when used.
- Line Input: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS, Tip/Ring/Sleeve) – Max level : 36 dBu – Impedance : 10 kOhms
- Line Output: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS) – Max level : 16 dBu –
- Impedance : 470 Ohms
- Phones: 1/4″ Jack stereo (TRS)
- S/PDIF output
- MIDI input
- USB connector
- 24 bits / 96 kHz converters
- Bandwidth (-1dB): 5Hz – 19 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 95 dB
- Internal processing at 32 bits
- Latency: 1.7 ms (Line Input à Line Output)
- IEC type C14 connector
- Input voltage: 85-264 Volts AC, 47-63 Hz
- Power consumption: approx. 10W
Dimension and Weight
- Width x Depth x Height: 483 x 189 x 44 (mm)
- Weight: 2 kg
Watch: Slipknot Live - Dialing in Mick Thomson's guitar sound