The WA-14 can be used on an array of sources, such as; punchy/warm intimate lead vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, bass, drums/percussion, strings/orchestral material, and many other sources. The WA-14 provides a realism and thickness that is true to the vintage microphone, but now at an affordable price.
All Brass Capsule
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 back plate as a basis, which overcomes manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
Born Out Of Need
The WA (Warm Audio) brand of capsule is the result of several years of research, a lifetime of listening, and a passion for great sound. Above all else, Warm Audio capsules came from the desire to give customers far more quality/value than what they are used to getting in an affordable microphone. Every Warm Audio capsule is made in the same small assembly house in a clean-room environment, and packaged in its own protective jewel case until the moment it is loaded into the microphone. Every capsule visually inspected and electrically tested for imperfections. Every capsule is also made with all brass parts (no teflon or other cost saving material), and is carefully skinned from the same supply of high purity NOS Mylar (PET film). We are confident that you will be just as pleased with our microphone capsules as we are to offer them, and that they will give you a lifetime of great recordings and enjoyment.
- Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone With Variable Pad And Three Polar Patterns (Cardioid, Figure Of Eight, Omnidirectional)
- Custom CineMag USA Transformer
- Frequency Range: 20Hz To 20kHz
- Output Pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure Of Eight And Omnidirectional
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Features Custom WA-12-B-60V Edge-Terminated, Dual-Backplate, All-Brass Vintage CK12-Style Capsule
- 3-Pin Gold Plated XLR
- Self Noise: -115dB
- Requires +48V Phantom Power
- Color: Black
- Includes Shock Mount, Hard Mount, And Protective Pouch