The price/performance ratio of the WA-412 is almost unfathomable to the experienced studio engineer who has possibly paid much more for preamps of this style during their career. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamps and custom wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired. If you are looking for multiple channels of world class tone in an affordable package, the WA-412 is the right choice for you.
The WA-412 has all of the features one would expect from this style of preamp... and more. Output Trim is available on every channel for precise control and creative gain staging. A Tone switch (transformer input impedance) is also available on each channel, which allows you to choose between a warm and punchy classic console tone, or go for a more open & neutral sound.
- 4 CHANNEL MICROPHONE PREAMPLIFIER + INSTRUMENT DI
- FULLY DISCRETE, TRANSFORMER COUPLED, THROUGH-HOLE COMPONENT TOPOLOGY
- ALTRAN USA CUSTOM WOUND, PREMIUM INPUT AND OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS
- X520 DISCRETE OP-AMP IN EVERY CHANNEL, SOCKETED FOR CONVENIENCE. CAN BE USER-REPLACED WITH MOST 6 PIN, DISCRETE OP-AMPS FOR VARYING FLAVOR & TONE
- 65DB OF GAIN
- INPUTS - MICROPHONE XLR & ACTIVE INSTRUMENT 2MEG OHM HI-Z
- OUTPUTS - TRANSFORMER BALANCED XLR & TRS
- -20DB PAD - PADS BOTH MIC AND INSTRUMENT DI INPUTS
- TONE BUTTON INPUT IMPEDANCE - SWITCHES FROM 600 OHMS TO 150 OHMS (AFFECTS THE TONE OF BOTH THE MIC AND HI-Z INPUTS)
- SELF NOISE: <-90DB (NOMINAL)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ TO 20KHZ <+/-0.25DB (TONE BUTTON OUT), 20HZ TO 20KHZ +/-2DB (TONE BUTTON IN)
- +48 VOLT PHANTOM POWER
- LED METERING
- OUTPUT TRIM KNOB FOR PRECISE LEVEL CONTROL AND TONE SCULPTING
- INTERNAL POWER SUPPLY (GROUNDED, 3 PIN IEC CORD)
Watch: Warm Audio // WA-412 Four Channel Mic Pre "Getting Started"