The YM-40 has tone bars made of select padauk which offers an ideal balance between tone and price for the budget conscious. It features a reinforced frame and a unique adjustable height system, perfect for the younger percussionist.
- Exclusive Yamaha tuning method ensures true pitch and full sound
- Padauk wood bars provide natural wood sound and feel
- Graduated bars produce a full tone and projection throughout the instrument's range
- Resonator tracking system allows two resonator height settings for pitch and tone control in varying climate conditions
- Compact size fits well in rehearsal setting or where space/storage is limited
- Height adjustable frame allows most comfortable playing position for all players
- Durable frame's lower crossbar support maintains stability and, therefore, playability
- Locking casters on player side are easy to reach, and they secure the instrument while playing
- Range: 3 1/2 octave; c28-f69
- Bars: Padauk wood
- Bar Sizes: Graduating from 1 1/2" x 2" x 1"
- Resonators: Brushed tan finish with cutaway design, 2-position tracking system
- Height Adjustable Frame: Height adjustable frame from 32 1/2" – 37"
- Dimensions: 60 1/2" x 31 1/2"
- Weight: 86 lbs.
- Casters: 3"; two locking
- Pitch: A=442Hz (other pitches available by special order)